KitchenAid Professional 600 Stand Mixer Review:
As summer’s departure is approaching quickly and all the different holidays make their way into the home, one thing starts to happen – baking different loaves of bread, cookies, and cakes. This is where our KitchenAid Professional 600 Stand Mixer review will become your trusted friend during autumn right through to winter.
Why, because baking is labor and time consuming, especially if you are baking for a large family. Moreover, kneading bread dough works your arms and makes you feel tired. We are so thrilled with the KitchenAid Professional and feel you too will be thrilled with it as together we will discover all its tricks.
KitchenAid Professional 600 Stand Mixer:
What do you receive with the KitchenAid Stand Mixer
Before we get to all the great features, here is what you will receive when buying your own KitchenAid Professional 600 stand mixer:
- The KitchenAid stand mixer
- One by user manual
- One by plastic pouring shield
- One by stainless steel wire whip
- One by burnished flat beater
- One by 6-quarts stainless steel bow
- One by burnished spiral dough hook
Why You Need this Professional 600 Stand Mixer
For one reason only, as they give you all the results you need when baking a wide range of different recipes. It can mix the dough and is much faster than what you are when using your hand. This helps to free up your time to do other things like preparing for another recipe.
The other reason is that KitchenAid has an excellent reputation when comparing this appliance to other brands available in the market. They cater for different purposes when buying the extra attachments such as whipping up cream, whisking eggs, making minced meat, pasta and so much more.
The bow-lift design of the Professional 600 compared to the tilt-held model gives the appliance stability and it’s able to handle large quantities of ingredients and dough batches.
If you are a serious baker, you will get value for your money with this elite machine. They listen to their customers and even improved the gearbox and changed them from plastic to an all-metal system. This makes this machine more effective when it turns and makes it one of the top performing stand mixers.
The KitchenAid Professional 600s Details
The stand mixer has a 575-watt commercial driven motor and one of the largest when you look at home mixers. It gives you plenty of options as it has a 10-speed dial to use with different recipes. It works through heavy mixtures to light mixtures. These specific models are made to work hard.
The KitchenAid Professional 600 has an adjustable screw to adjust the height of the beaters and you can lower or raise it to the correct clearance for the beater to turn in the bowl. All you need is a flat head screwdriver and with a slight turn of your hand, the calibrations set between the head and the bowl.
The bowls constructed of polished stainless steel and designed with a handle, making lifting of the bowl easier. It is held in place with riveted bowl supports on the bowl-lift ledge and slips over the pins snapping into place via a spring latch.
Furthermore, the best of all is that the KitchenAid stand mixers made in the United States.
Superb Quality Features:
- The stand mixer has a generous 6-quart bowl made from stainless steel and large enough to mix dough for eight loaves of bread and dozens of cookies,
- You receive included three standard attachments the flat beater, wire whisk, spiral dough hook, and the pouring shield,
- It operates with a planetary mixing action, making sure the beaters rotate around the bowl for superb mixing – it rotates at a 67 touch point,
- With the 10-speed setting, the appliance gives enough power to do different mixing tasks from slow to full power mixing,
- You can buy up to 15 different attachments to make different types of recipes, from pressing pasta to grinding grain and meat,
- The stand mixer has a large footprint and measures 7 x 9 x 17-inches and weighs 28 pounds – so no moving around this appliance and will need a sturdy shelf and you can choose from 20 stylish colors to suit your kitchen décor and change it yearly, and
- You receive a one-year warranty with a hassle-free replacement warranty.
What are people saying about this top stand mixer?
If you do not want to believe what we have to say, you can view verified purchases and check out the KitchenAid Professional 600 reviews on Amazon. These mixers universally loved and more people love it after the redesign of the gearbox. They love the stand mixer performance, especially the powerful motor and reliable gears made from metal.
Pros and Cons Related to the KitchenAid Professional 600 Stand Mixer
- It has a consistent output and powerful motor and the redesigned metal gears do not burn out easily,
- It can handle heavy batches of dough,
- The bowl-lift lever feature is superb and has a large capacity to mix large batches of ingredients,
- It works well without moving around on the kitchen top that you normally find in the tilt-head models,
- The wide selection of colors available is great and fits in with any kitchen décor,
- The KitchenAid customer support is satisfactory and they are very helpful,
- When it comes to the noise level there are some complaints as some feel it operates loud while others do not have any complaints about the noise – hand mixers are louder,
- There have been minor complaints about the appliance failing after moderate use, but the KitchenAid Customer Service honors their replacement warranty,
- The burnished attachments, you cannot place in the dishwasher and needs hand washing,
As you can see there are positive than negatives with this stand mixer as many compare the latest models with those of yesteryear. However, we live in a different time with different values, the economy, and many different products available on the market. One cannot compare the latest models to the older ones as the older ones did not have all the latest technologies of today. Furthermore, you do need to take caution using the stand mixer beyond the 2-speed when mixing and kneading heavy dough and best to read your instruction manual.
Although this specific KitchenAid model has a commercial motor it is not for commercial use. However, it does meet the requirements of home use and great if you do make loads of bread. For some people, the included attachments made from burnished aluminum are puzzling as you need to hand wash them, but the rest of the features make this the best stand mixer for your home.
Many would like to see the manufacturers switch out these attachments with fully made stainless steel ones. This is a strong, big, and gorgeous appliance. It has a powerful motor that handles most baking tasks. The machine has received more than 3000 reviews with an excellent rating online. It is versatile to use and for the price, the KitchenAid Professional 600 stand mixer is one of the popular choices.