Ways to Make Butter in a Stand Mixer
This article will be helpful for the food lover who loves to consume butter, especially when butter becomes the staple diet of the entire family. Here, we will share the easiest ways to make butter at home.
Also, you can easily add your favorite flavors to the butter, which is one of the most significant advantages that all buttery lovers get if they know how to make butter in a stand mixer at home.
Not only that but the things required to make butter were almost available in every kitchen. So, you must check this entire article to learn a butter-making recipe at home, including its duration, ingredients, and everything.
Ingredients Required for Homemade Butter:
First, we must check the ingredients needed to make the butter at home. So, here we have shared the two essential ingredient names, without which you will not be able to make the butter that is;
- Use two and 1/4th Cup of Heavy Cream (make sure it contains 36% Milkfat) and
- The second is sea salt, which adds flavor to the butter.
Now, the next and essential thing to note is what are the tools and equipments we need to make the butter:
Equipment Required to Make Butter:
Following is the list of tools and equipment that are readily available in every kitchen and will also help make butter;
- So, first of all, we need a Stand Mixer with a whipping attachment.
- The second one is a Fine Mesh Strainer; you can also use Cheesecloth if it is unavailable at home.
- Another one is a bowl where you can mix the paste easily.
- Also, you can use a cotton towel to keep the cream from staining.
- Another is ice water and parchment paper, readily available in nearby shops. You can also call it baking paper, which helps to soften your butter.
Now, let’s have a look at its making process.
Ways to Make Butter in a Stand Mixer:
After collecting all the essential tools and ingredients, we are ready to start making. So, here we have sharing with you a few easy ways to make butter in a stand mixer
- So, the very first step is to pour the heavy cream into your stand mixer, but please make sure that it is heavy whipping cream only because if not, it will contain less fat than the butter needs.
- Another is to cover your mixer with a cotton towel, which keeps the cream from staining; start your mixer from the very first level, and after every 30 seconds, increase the level of your mixer until it reaches the highest level, for instance, level 10.
- When you reach level 10, mix it for at least 10 minutes or until the fat is wholly separated from the liquid.
- After completely separating the fat from the liquid, turn off your mixer.
- Use Spatula’s help to set the butter on the sides of the bowl and pour the buttermilk into a container to save for cooking.
- After Pouring the buttermilk, your next step is to add two cups of ice water over the butter and mix it well. You can use your hands or spatula to mix the butter and remove the buttermilk. This step will keep your butter fresher and increase its taste, too.
- Now, at last, add butter to a backing paper, and add your choice of flavors, like sea salt, spices, or herbs, as per your taste, and mix it well.
So, that’s all, dear food lovers; this is the easiest recipe to make butter at home, just by using all the home tools and ingredients.
Also, ensure that after making butter, you store it in an airtight refrigerator or cover it in plastic wrap.
How Long Does Homemade Butter Last?
After making the butter, many people questioned its usage duration. The homemade butter will last for not more than two weeks, and that too, if you frizz it appropriately.
But, once you start consuming the butter, try to complete it as soon as possible and keep it at room temperature. Otherwise, it will begin to melt speedily and not be suitable for your health.
Can You Use a Stand Mixer to Make Butter?
Yes, you can. It only takes half an hour to make butter in your stand mixer.
Which Mixer Attachment is Used for Making Butter?
For making butter, you can take the KitchenAid hand mixer or stand mixer and fit the flat beater attachment as we need a more creamy texture, which a flat beater can easily do.
How long Does Homemade Butter Last?
Well, it depends upon the way you place it. Suppose you have kept your butter in a fridge; then, it will last for up to 2 to 3 weeks; on the other hand, if you have kept the butter in the freezer, it will last for up to nine months.
So finally, here is the easy-peasy recipe to make the butter at home, with minimum ingredients plus tools. Not only that but there are many benefits of making butter at home, such as customizing it by adding your favorite flavors and ingredients.
Hence, try all the steps mentioned earlier for butter-making recipes at home, and enjoy eating your homemade flavor butter.